Thursday 29 April 2010

The Go Find - Miami (2004)


I was seventeen years old and it was my first year at university. A new city, new people, a new home. A new life. Light was slowly fading from the days and dark skies were taking over. Me and my iPod walking down the streets.

I might be slightly biased or patriotic, but Belgium has some great music to offer. The Go Find for instance, the electronica project from Dieter Sermeus. He and his computer, nothing more. And nothing less. Bittersweet laptop pop.

Not a typical review this time, just me feeling extremely nostalgic this late at night. The shuffle function of my iPod 'forced' me to listen to this album today. And there I was again, in the fall of 2004, 17 years old.

This album is the soundtrack of my first fall and winter at university. Now, six years after its release, it still makes me feel the wonder and the insecurity I felt at that time.

The perfect soft and melancholic voice, the exact right notes and instruments, the hypnotizing rhythm. My very first concert in my favourite concert building. I remember how everyone was sitting on the floor, the mix of purple and blue lights, and then the band that for the very first time played the electronically created music with real instruments for an audience.

And now I'd like to be excused. I need to lie down, curled up in my blanket, earphones in my ears. Reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Rabble Review